Complete installation guide for xampp server including Apache ,MySQL to develop php programs.
Xampp is one of the best open source software freely distribute by apachefriends.org develop php web applications. Xampp provide us the server environment on our local system because php is completely server side scripting programming language and cannot run without server environment. So here is the complete step by step tutorial for Install Xampp localhost server in windows 7,8.1,10 step by step tutorial.
How to Install Xampp localhost server in windows 7,8.1,10 step by step tutorial.
1. Download Xampp from its official website apachefriends.org .
2. After done downloading your software setup might look like below screenshot.
3. Double click on your downloaded setup to run it.
4. Now it will show your a important notice ” Important! Because an activated user account control ( UAC ) on your system some functions of XAMPP are possibly restricted. With UAC please avoid to install XAMPP to C:\Program Files ( x86 )( missing write permissions ). Or deactivated UAC with msconfig after this setup. ” Click on OK button to continue.
5. After that your setup wizard will open on your computer screen. Click on Next.
6. Select all components ( Server- Apache, MySQL, FileZilla FTP Server, Mercury Mail server, Tomcat | Program Languages- PHP, Perl | Program Languages- phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Fake Sendmail.) Click on next button.
7. Select Xampp installation folder By default its installs into C:\xampp . Click on Next button.
8. Now on the next installation window it will show a notification about ” Bitnami for XAMPP – Bitnami for xampp provides free installers that can install Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress and many other popular open source apps on top of your existing xampp installation. ”
9. Now it will start installing on your computer, please with it will take 5 to 10 minutes to install on your computer depending upon your system speed.
10. After done installation it will show Completing the Xampp setup wizard window.
11. Now start XAMPP using xampp control panel icon which is automatically visible on your desktop screen.
12. Double click on Xampp control panel icon to run it and it will show you its complete control panel window. Click on Apache start button and MySQL start button to start them.
Here you go friends now xampp is successfully installed & started on your computer so read my next post about How to run php file in windows using xampp server post to go further on php development.