How to Download,Install and Configure WordPress PHP CMS with Xampp on localhost 2 minutes step by step installation guide.
WordPress is one of the most usable online website development php cms( Contain management system ) online web software freely distributed by wordpress.org . This is a complete online Blog-Website publishing tool designed by and for the community. WordPress is completely free and open source . That means you can download WordPress without given a single penny and change it and use it any where. So in this tutorial we have learning about Install WordPress locally on Windows XP,VISTA,7,8.1,10.
Software Requirement before start installing WordPress on local system.
Please install Xampp on your local windows system because WordPress is php based web-software and dose not run without Php comfort environment. So read my this step by step tutorial for download and install Xampp on local system.
How to Install WordPress locally on Windows XP,VISTA,7,8.1,10.
1. Open wordpress.org/download/ into your web browser .
2. Click on Download WordPress button.
3. Now WordPress’s latest version will start downloading into your computer wait for 1-2 minutes depending upon your internet speed.
4. Now after downloading Extract the downloaded WordPress zip file using Winrar or any other zip extractor software.
5. After downloading and extracting the files inside wordpress folder should look like this.
6. Now next thing is to make a database for your WordPress. So if you are using Xampp server then read my this post and create only MySQL database.
7. Copy the whole extracted WordPress folder into C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress .
8. Now open your web browser( Any web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, Internet Explorer ) and type localhost/wordpress/ . Here wordpress is your copied folder name .
9. Now select your blog’s language and click on continue.
10. Click on Let’s Go! button.
11. Now enter your database name( Which you have created in PhpMyAdmin ), User Name as root , leave password blank, database host as localhost and click on Submit button.
12. Click on Run the install .