How to manually remove old default android application icon and replace it with your own designed custom icon.
Android application icon means the main menu icon which is shows with other icons on android main menus screen. With the use of android application icon mobile phone user can open app and use that particular application. There are by default a simple android icon present on every designed android but that icon can be easily changeable through replacing the old default android app icon with yours. So here is the complete step by step tutorial for How to change android app icon in Android Studio.
How to change android app icon in Android Studio.
1. Start android studio in your computer.
2. Open select drawable folder under app->src->res->drawable .
3. Copy your own designed application icon into drawable folder.
4. Open AndroidManifest.xml file .
5. Fine this line ” android:icon=”@mipmap/ic_launcher ” in AndroidManifest.xml file.
6. Replace above line from ” android:icon=”@drawable/your_icon_name “ . In this line your_icon_name represents your copied icon name which you have already copy inside drawable folder and after done this compile and run your project and here you go now your application icon is successfully changed.