How to use CardView widget inside android application project using android support.v7 widget.CardView.
Some of the latest android support libraries like CardView and RecyclerView dose not work properly with Eclipse IDE because the Eclipse ADT plugin update has been stopped and Google itself recommended us to move on From Eclipse to Android Studio. In many ways Studio is much better then Eclipse because we can use latest version of Android Marshmallow and Android N API 23 version with Android Studio. Now here is the most important part for which i am making this tutorial is to tell you the easiest way to Add Import CardView RecyclerView support library in Android Studio.
How to Add Import CardView RecyclerView support library in Android Studio.
1. Start a new project in Android Studio.
2. Now Open your project’s build.gradle ( Module : app ) file.
3. Inside build.gradle ( Module :app ) file Add below CardView compile code inside dependencies.
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.4.0' compile 'com.android.support:cardview-v7:23.0.+' compile 'com.android.support:recyclerview-v7:23.0.+'
4. Here is the screen shot after adding cardview and recyclerview support library .
5. Here you go now click on Sync Now link which will appear on your screen after adding cardview library support files. Now make you can easily make android apps with CardView and RecyclerView widgets.